Every day is an AWESOME day here at Adam Brick Guy but the days where we get to share the bricks with the kids, well, those are GREAT Build days!
We want to give you a “behind the scenes” look at what
Great Build Days are all about here at Adam Brick Guy.
First, weeks and months before – there is the planning and pulling of hair moments. We plan to make sure that every kid that comes has a special time and bricks, (this is where our amazing donors come in!) We also make sure to round-up those hard-working volunteers too! Plus finding lunch sponsors and setting up locations and dates. Printing, budgeting, re-checking, checking again and running around like a chicken to make it all come together. Sometimes it is roping the wind and sometimes it is herding cats – but we love what we do because it is all about the actual Great Build Day!
THE GREAT BUILD DAY
On a Great Build Day:
- 8:30am – We are setting up the location for the kids and checking in our awesome volunteers!
- 9:00 am – The kids are here and bricks are out. We are building! Everybody is working together to create and have fun!
- Noon – Our amazing lunch sponsor usually has their first hungry kids in line.
- 1pm – The kids are back at the bricks! Working away creating and conversing with one of our awesome volunteers about school, bricks, life stuff and more bricks. The kids might take a moment and read out loud to their volunteer from their special books, too!
- 2:30pm – The kids show off their creations to each other and their parents. Of course, the volunteers cheer them on!
- 3pm -The kids go home happy with their brick creations*! The volunteers go home happy knowing that they made an impact in a young life! And Adam Brick Guy grabs the broom to start sweeping up and dreaming of the next Great Build Day.
And we start all over again.
Our current Great Build Days are:
Saturday June 25th, 2016,
Saturday September 17, 2016
Saturdays – January, February, and March of 2017.
If you would like to be a part of a Great Build Day, please check out Donations page!
*Depending on if the facility permits.